Owning your own online business can be a lot of fun. Becoming an online entrepreneur is a fulfilling way to create an income on your own terms… You get to be your own boss, set your own hours… and do work you find interesting and rewarding.
What’s Not to Love?
Well… you’re going to have to write – A LOT.
For some, this is part of the appeal. For others… not so much.
If you fall into this second category, let me ask you this…
Is it because you think you’re not a good writer – or is it because you already have a thousand other things on your plate?
Regardless of how you answered that question – there is help available. You can’t get away from the written (or spoken) word in business, so here are a few ways you can make peace with this reality.
5 Ways to Get More Writing Done!
- Block Out Time in Your Schedule. Think of writing as exercise for your fingers (and brain) – and get it on your calendar!
An online business is like any other business – you need to schedule important tasks if you want to get everything done. So, when you create your weekly schedule, be sure to set aside dedicated blocks of time for writing.
- Keep an Idea Notebook. The biggest complaint people have about writing is knowing what to write about. Inspiration seems to hit at the strangest times, so have a small notebook and pen with you to capture all those brilliant ideas when they hit you.
- Share Your Mistakes. As a business owner, you’ll learn what to do – and what not to do – to boost sales and increase your credibility. When you make a mistake, don’t be afraid to write about it. Your mistakes can become an inspirational learning experience for your audience.
- Stay Motivated. Remember why you started writing to promote your online business in the first place. Then, make a list and keep it posted near your computer.
Here’s a couple ideas to get you started:
~ Writing regularly (maintaining a blog) will keep your readers coming back
~ Sharing your expertise can help establish you as an expert in your niche or specialty area
~ Creating well-written content (combined with some basic copywriting skills) can significantly increase your conversion rates
- Write What You Know. Simply by tapping into what you already know, you can start writing a ton of great articles for your online business. For example, if your online business is built around your own love of gardening, you can probably write about that without breaking a sweat. Simply share personal experiences in your own garden to connect with you readers.
When it comes right down to it, writing can be a lot of fun – especially when every piece of content you create is helping to build the kind of life you want to live.
Til Next Time,
PS What’s my favorite tip to get more writing done?
# 5 – Writing what you know makes it easy to get started – which is always the toughest part of the battle.